Representing the Hawks requires that certain standards of behaviour must be adhered to and codes of conduct observed. Your behaviour, dress and attitude will reflect on the Hawks. This includes at training, before, during and after games and at any other time that you represent Perry Lakes.
Player Code of Conduct
- Play by the rules
- Develop a positive attitude towards your team-mates and coach
- Never argue with an umpire or an official. If you disagree have your captain, coach or manager calmly approach the official during a break or after the game.
- Play to enjoy the game and improve your basketball skills
- Don’t blame others and don’t make excuses
- Control your temper. Do not indulge in any verbal or physical abuse of a referee, official or any player – including yourself
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated. Do not distract, interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of another player
- Be a good sport and acknowledge all good efforts from your team and the opposition
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team
- Co-operate with your coach, team mates, referees, and opponents as, without them there be no game
- Be SPORT SAFE aware
WABL Player Agreement
All players who are selected to play WABL must also sign a Player Agreement. These will be handed out for you to read and sign along with your parent/guardians-.
All players are expected to read the WABL Handbook and make themselves aware of the expectations and responsibilities of being a representative player including the Social Media Policy and Zero Tolerance Policy.