3 Hawks Awarded Life Membership
Congratulations to the following members who have been granted Life Membership of the Perry Lakes Basketball Association for their outstanding commitment to the sport of basketball and service to the Perry Lakes Hawks.
- 2004-2008 coached U12 Development for Girls and Boys.
- 2008 Assistant coach for a WABL touring team.
- Was President of City Beach Basketball club from 2010 to 2012 and was heavily involved with the move from the Old Perry Lakes Stadium to what is now known as Bendat Basketball Centre
- 2013 to present, an Assistant WSBL Coach with the highlight being the 2017 WSBL Championship
- Concurrently between 2013 to present, coached or was assistant coach to various Girl and Boys teams including U18 Women WABL championships in 2017 and 2019.
Kerry’s collaborative approach to coaching and mentoring has ensured that the pathway from WABL to SBL is a lot smoother these days. The depth and breadth of her contribution and commitment to this club over several years is significant and is major reason for the continuing success of our club.
- Has been a WABL coach at our club every year between 2003 coaching until 2016. He coached again in 2019. Throughout this period has also coached at State Champs.
- Was Assistant Coach to WA State Under 20’s in 2010
- Has served on the Board since 2010.
- Has willingly accepted any coaching role assigned and because of his focus on fundamentals it’s fair to say he was given some ‘challenging’ groups in the past.
- Has been a positive influence on many a young athlete passing through our club. From 2010 to 2014 did a lot of Tuesday afternoon skills work with 10 -11 year old’s – getting them ready for the next WABL
The depth and breadth of his contribution and his passionate commitment to this club over a number of years is significant and is major reason for the continuing success of our club.
- Started at the Hawks in 1996 as an assistant WABL coach before commencing coaching in his own right in 1997.
- Throughout that period has coached various men and women’s teams and in some years two teams. Three of his four children have been WABL players at our club.
- Has been more than happy to accept any coaching role assigned.
- Has served eight years on the board.
- Has been a positive influence on many a young athlete passing through our club.
- Current WABL coach of our U12-2 Girls team
The depth and breadth of his contribution and commitment to this club over a number of years is significant and coupled with the pride he has in helping our athletes be the best that they can be is major reason for the continuing success of our club.